Wednesday, August 8, 2012

USB 3.0 Drives on Macbook Pro 2012's are AWESOME!!

136GB in 30 minutes!!! Using USB powered External Hard Drive!!

See that photo above?

Yes, transferring/backing up a chunky 136GB of my iTunes / Traktor collection into my external hard drive takes only 30 minutes or so!!!

SO AWESOME!!

I Remember when I used my old USB 2.0 drives it would take HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS!! Holy shit, now backuping important files will be easier than faster than EVER!!!

The hard drive I used is the Western Digital My Passport USB 3.0 (500GB) - excellent, super speedy drives at a very affordable price!!

Im so glad that apple finally decided to use the USB 3.0 ports!!

Amazon Links (If you are interested to check out the external 2.5 hdd drives that I used - USB Powered! No Adapter needed!)


Western Digital My Passport 500 GB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - WDBKXH5000ABK-NESN (Black)