Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Macbook Pro 2012 (13 Inch) Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5.1 Field Test - Pass With Flying Colors!

My school's DJ Studio! Yeah its pretty awesome haha
I have never gigged out with my brand new Macbook Pro 2012 that i got a few weeks back (mini-review HERE), and since I have a peaktime slot at a gig here in Singapore this coming Friday, I decided to do a stress test of my system and test out its stability with timecode CD's

Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5.1 Runs Perfectly on Macbook Pro 2012 (13 inch - i5 2.5ghz / 8GB DDR3), running OSX Lion 10.7.4 (no kext mod - the USB 3.0 ports are fully functional!) with Traktor Audio 6 interface

I did not even plug in my macbook pro to a charger, and after about 2 solid hours of "test gig", there were no pops, crackles, skips, glitches, I even still have about 48% Battery left after the test! No Chargers were used!

Oh and Wifi was on too, as well as Chrome browser in the background, so yeah I can say that Traktor runs pretty solid even without any sort of optimization at all - i strongly recommend turning off Wifi during the real gig though!

So yeah, 2012 Macbook Pros seem to run well with the Audio 6! Tried and Tested!