Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Macbook pro 2012 (13 inch) Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 compatibility - yes they work!


Moving Traktor Libraries between Macs and making sure they work!

Hey there guys been reading a lot on the Native Instruments forums recently about how the new 2012 macbook pro models (with USB 3.0 ports and thunderbolt) are not compatible with Traktor / Scratch Pro 2.5

I just want to confirm that... yes they do work on my Macbook Pro 13 inch 2012 (2.5 Ghz i5 processor) with no problems at all

I am writing this as I am testing two timecode decks using Traktor Audio 6 DJ soundcard, wifi on, with so many browser windows on, and not a single skip or glitches!

So yes, I just want to confirm that the new USB 3.0 macbook pro, at least this very same model, works well with the Traktor Audio 6 soundcard!

one word... Probably DO NOT UPDATE your OSX lion to 10.7.4!!!

I am using the stock OS that comes with my MBP (10.7.3) and it works perfect, i dont dare to upgrade as I have read scary stories on the NI Forums!!

That is all for now, I just upgraded my Macbook Pro to the 2012 model, so review coming up soon!

All I can say is... the 2012 model definitely has awesome CPU  RAW POWER!

I can now run multiple instances of Reaktor/Razor, Camel Audio Alchemy, and a whole bunch of Waves plugins without worrying about the CPU Usage! SO AWESOME!