Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pre-Ordered the Pioneer DDJ-SX! Review coming up soon



I have put in a pre-order for the awesome new Serato DJ controller the Pioneer DDJ-SX, ever since I first saw the trailer (video above) I just cant seem to get this thing off my mind! I guess the gear geek mode kicked in and I instantly decided I had to have one of these

Some of the key features that I just find hard to resist:

  • It is priced right (about the same price as the Native Intruments Kontrol S4 - USD $999)
  • Looks to be built like a tank (with solid metal construction)
  • 4 Deck controller! and with full length 100mm  pitch sliders! 
  • Strip Search!
  • Awesome jogwheels that is almost the same size as the bigger CDJ's!
  • Slicer mode with Velocity sensitive hotcue drum pads!
  • User replaceable crossfaders (this is always good!)
  • and... it works as a hardware mixer too with hardware filters!!! on each deck

I will definitely be posting a review as soon as I get my hands on these, coming from Traktor Pro, it would be interesting to see how this new Serato software stacks up against the mighty Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2.6

They seemed to have delayed the shipment, I was first informed that the DDJ-SX will come in on the 25th of October over here in Singapore, however there seems to be a problem with something and they are withhelding the stocks, perhaps until the Serato DJ software is released on the 1st of November... Does this mean that version 1.0.0 will be buggy and early Serato DJ users are essentially gonna be... BETA TESTERS?? We shall see!

Speaking of Traktor 2.6, Native Instruments really stepped their game up with 11 new macro FX and the "flux mode", more on that later!


Pioneer DDJ-SX Performance DJ Controler